3/24/2002

GDC Last Day, Part Two I'm sitting in the airport in San Jose. It's the Delta terminal, and it only offers fast food and this Expedia Cafe, which has free electrical and telephone outlets. Hence, I can connect and post to my blog from here. I just ate a Burger King hamburger, something I haven't done in a while, and something I'm sure I shouldn't have done as I feel kinda icky now. Of course, that may simply be the anticipation of the flight from hell I'm about to embark on: San Jose to Atlanta, Atlanta to Boston, Boston to Montreal. The flight leaves at 10:15 p.m. Pacific Time and arrives at 9:15 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. I'm chugging water and will take a gravol tablet before the flight. What was the show like? I actually only saw the 50 square metres around our booth. Give the show's subject matter--games--the participants are 99.9% male, mostly under 30. And they're keen. They love games. They love playing them. They love programming them. They love making the artwork for them. They love harnessing the power of the new hardware available. They love what they make. They may actually be the luckliest people in the world.

No comments: