5/13/2005

I Really Could Have Used This... ...a couple of weekends ago hiking up one of the gentler rocky mountains. It's a portable device that let's a gal pee just like a boy. There is nothing more vulnerable than squatting with your panties around your ankles. You're hoping that you're well hidden behind a tree and far enough from the busy trail. Most of the time, you get pee on your jeans. There are other devices out there, but this one looks like it...ummm...covers, catches and deviates the flow properly. I know The Whiskey Cafe has women's urinals, but I just go for the standard porcelain commode everytime I go there...I don't really want to touch the plastic funnel thingy. Finally, there are instructions for peeing like a man here. Whenever I think of the differences between the way men and women pee--which isn't often--I am reminded of Camille Paglia, who used this difference to underline that while men learn to aim early in life, women are doomed to merely "muddy the earth beneath them".

No comments: