5/11/2005

My Bed at the Drake

My Bed at the Drake Originally uploaded by mellowkitty.

Stayed at the Drake Hotel in Toronto on Monday night after spending Mother's Day with my family in the 'burbs.

Refurbished by some guy who gave up his day job to trek in the Himalayas (or something like that) and then returned to do something artsy, this is a totally fun place to stay.

I fell in love with my room when I saw a little stuffed friend sitting there waiting for me. Part sock monkey, part cabbage patch doll, this little guy was a welcome touch to an already well-designed room.

The bars are fun (there are two), the restaurants are great (also two), the beds are super comfy and the toiletries are nummy.

I felt totally relaxed there, enjoying a couple of drinks in the bar upstairs after meeting a friend for dinner and later soaking up some fresh air in the morning before pointing the Bug back towards home.

Not cheap, but highly Maggie recommended.

No comments: