10/08/2002

Ron Sexsmith at Cabaret Saw Ron Sexsmith at Cabaret last night. Normally, I'm not a big fan of that kind of music--kinda folky, kinda rocky, kinda country--but there's something about his superb lyrics and melodies, and intelligent romanticism that draws me in. That he sings like an angel completes the allure. At a certain point during the concert, I realized that I had been kind of lulled into another space. Still conscious of the music playing in front of me, my mind also wandered around thoughts of love and relationships and--I know this sounds corny--I kinda fell in love with the singer on stage, not in a lusting-after-a-rock-star kind of way, but as if he was a tiny benevolent deity, beautiful, perfect, and flawed. He reminded me to be more loving, and there can't be anything wrong with that.

No comments: