2/06/2006

Had a great birthday on Saturday. A bunch of us gathered at Philino's on Parc. I hadn't been there in a few years. I remembered huge platters of food that reminded me of a Greek restaurant in Maasmechelen (Belguim) where you simply ordered large plates for everyone to share--kind of like Chinese food. Word of warning: the huge platters of food I remembered from Philino's are actually for 1 person...not a crowd. Needless to say, we ate well and had a great time. My birthday cakes (yes there were 2) came from Cocoa Locale. The waiter brought out two perfect dainty cakes; one was a vanilla bomb shape covered in pink icing and the other was a divine chocolate cake with exquisite vanilla buttercream icing. Thanks to A and L for arranging this in advance. I still have a birthday lunch to get through this week, and then it's over until August, when I celebrate my half-birthday.

No comments: